Registration and Race Day Info
“THIS RUN’S FOR JACK” 5k Walk/Run
Celebrating 15 Years of FIGHTING MELANOMA EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Sunday, October 14, 2018
In celebration of 15 years, EVERYONE receives a FINISHER’S MEDAL (and long sleeve t-shirt).
Avoid race morning lines and pick up your packet on Friday (5-9PM) or Saturday (8AM-1PM).
Jack Marston was an avid runner and four-time Chicago Marathon participant. Jack lost his battle to melanoma on July 12th, 2004. In honor of Jack, the countless hours he gave to the community, his athletic successes and the four marathons he ran (one for each of his children), “This Run’s For Jack”.
- USATF Certified Course through the scenic Lake Ellyn neighborhoods in Glen Ellyn, IL
- 8:00AM Start Time
- Race Fees are set at $20 for early registration (prices increase after September 15).
- 1,500 – 2,000 Participants
- Free LONG SLEEVE cotton shirt and FINISHER’S MEDAL
- Great GOODIES from our Sponsors
- FREE food, coffee and water
- KIDS ZONE the place to be while mom and dad are on the course.
- HOSPITALITY TENT for families touched by melanoma
- FREE SKIN CANCER SCREENINGS by dermatologists
- TEAM CHALLENGE to compete as a team with your colleagues, friends and neighbors or participate in honor of someone who has been affected by melanoma.
- TRFJ VIRTUAL RUNNER – support a team or form your own group!
Your donation will continue to make a difference … funding research to outsmart the disease, preventing the disease by early detection, advocating for public policies and empowering/informing/supporting those directly affected by the disease. Your past support has contributed to the advancement in cancer treatments provided to patients today, improving outcomes and quality of life. We’ve come a long way in 14 years, but there is still much more work to do. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support!
Ackerman Sports Center, Glen Ellyn
Saturday 8AM – 1PM
We invite you to further help fight melanoma by setting up a secure on-line fundraising page to circulate to supporters who may not be able to attend the race. Click here to SETUP A FUNDRAISING PAGE
We LOVE our Volunteers! We would be unable to hold this event without the support from over 200 wonderful, fabulous, awesome volunteers! Click here to VOLUNTEER
An opportunity to compete as a team with your friends and neighbors or participate in honor of someone who has been affected by melanoma. LEARN MORE HERE
A gathering place for families who have been affected by melanoma. The tent serves as a place of respite offering food, coffee and friendship. LEAN MORE HERE
Can’t attend the 5k? Form your own out-of-town group or support a team with a virtual run … LEARN MORE HERE
Sponsorships allow donations to go directly to research and awareness. Many levels to choose from. LEARN MORE HERE
RACE DAY INFO
Ackerman Park, Glen Ellyn, IL
Enter Ackerman Park at the EAST entrance near the water tower. This is also the drop-off point. Overflow parking maps will be available from our volunteers. Carpooling, biking, and walking are encouraged. We are expecting a large crowd, so please allow plenty of time.
6:00 – 7:30 Race Day Registration & Timing Tag Pick-Up Kiosks will be available on race morning, accepting cash and credit cards.
7:45 Welcome & Announcements
8:30 Party at the Finish Line
9:00 Awards Ceremony
Plus: Breakfast provided for race participants, The Kid’s Zone, music, awards, free skin checks and more!
Only runners will receive a timing chip. As you cross the start and finish lines, your time will be recorded. PLEASE do not forget your bib at home. Walkers will not receive a timing chip unless specifically requested at registration. NO CHIP – NO TIME!
- Course certified by USAFT IL
- Split times each mile
- 5k course map available at packet pickup
- Strollers & baby joggers are welcome, but will start at 8:05.
- NO pets, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bikes permitted.
- Water is provided at the start, mile 1.5, and at the finish.
- First aid is available at the start & finish line.
- 1st place overall male and female receive medal and gift.
- 2nd and 3rd place overall male and female winners receive medals.
- Custom ribbons to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each age group.
- Age groups are: 8 and under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Watch for updates and additional information appearing on our Social Media pages or in e-newsletters sent from Jack’s Fund.
Join Us on Social Media
Spread the Word!