JOIN THE 2015 TEAM CHALLENGE
(click on the images for larger view)
TEAM CHALLENGE DETAILS:
“This Run’s For Jack” Team Challenge is a unique opportunity for friends, neighbors, school/club groups and businesses to come together while helping a worthwhile cause.
2014 PRELOADED: Team names from 2014 have been PRE-LOADED into the registration system (Click here to view list)
NEW TEAMS: If you DO NOT see your team in the drop down menu after entering team name or captains name or would like to setup a NEW TEAM, please email email@example.com, and we will get you started!
VIRTUAL RUNNERS – can be added to your team totals. Recruit friends from out-of-town to be on your team. Let’s represent all 50 states this year!
FUNDRAISING PAGE: Tell your story … Set up a Team or Personal Fundraising Page to share your story, pictures and videos. Fundraising Page Link
HOW DO WE START A TEAM?
2014 Teams have been pre-loaded into the registration systems (click here for list)
NEW TEAMS: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are forming a team.
- Each member registers separately (Individual, Family or Sponsor) for “This Run’s For Jack”
- IMPORTANT: Team Captain informs team members of TEAM NAME
- On-Line registration will ask for your TEAM NAME
- Drop down list will appear once name (or partial name) is entered.
- System will ask you to confirm by checking the box
- Roster reports can be provided to Team Captains (if requested).
- In case of error, names can be moved around, added or deleted from rosters – contact coordinator.
- Team Members can also be added through the VIRTUAL RUNNER registration option.
- Team members may also sign up on race day by using cell phones or on-site Kiosks.
- Team Captain is encouraged to pickup large teams packets at Packet Pickup on Friday or Saturday. Please inform TEAM COORDINATOR ahead of time.
WHAT ARE THE RULES AND REGULATIONS?
- Each team must assign a “Team Captain”
- Teams have a minimum of three people
- All team members must register as a participant (individual, family or sponsor) for “This Run’s For Jack.”
- Every team member must attempt to finish the 5K – This is not a relay race.
- Participants can only compete on ONE team.
WHAT IS THE COST?
There is no additional cost for joining the team, but you can choose to fundraise to increase your donation amount.
Yes … Fundraising team members are added to your TEAM TOTALS!
Click here to setup FUNDRAISING PAGE.
Click here for information about becoming an HONOR SPONSOR.
HOW WILL SPECTATORS KNOW THAT WE ARE A TEAM?
That is up to you. Each team will have a unique flavor and purpose.
How that is displayed is up to each team. Some will choose a “uniform,” others will stick together on the course.
We encourage you to show your spirit.
WE WOULD LIKE TO RAISE ADDITIONAL FUNDS TO DONATE TO JACK’S FUND FOR RESEARCH. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS?
Have your Team Captain set up a Fundraising Page.
This page gives you an opportunity to add personal pictures and tell “your story”.
The entire team can circulate the fundraising page through emails and social media sites.
The on-line process makes it simple to customize your fundraising efforts.
You can also collect cash and check donations.
Please know … adding a fundraising component to your 5k experience is up to you!
WHAT AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN?
Categories for awards:
Awards will be distributed to each member of the winning team. Include Virtual Runners!
CAN I WIN AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD FOR THE 5K IF I AM ON A TEAM?
Of course! Here are two members from TEAM Dan “T” with their medals!
For questions regarding TEAM CHALLENGE, contact email@example.com or 708-205-5692