“THIS RUN’S FOR JACK” 2015
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18th
REGISTRATION and Pre-Race Information
Race Fees: $20 ($25 after October 1)
As it has been from the start, “This Run’s For Jack” is a donation race. Your donation will make the difference in the fight against cancer, funding research, awareness, education and scholarship programs. Thank you for your generosity.
Jack Marston was an avid runner and four-time Chicago Marathon participant.
Jack lost his battle to melanoma on July 12th, 2004.
In honor of Jack, the countless hours he gave to the community, his athletic successes and the four marathons he ran (one for each of his children), “This Run’s For Jack”.
To read more about Jack – click here.
TO REGISTER FOR “THIS RUN’S FOR JACK”
CLICK THE BUTTON AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE REGISTRATION WEBSITE.
HEALTH TRACK SPORTS WELLNESS
875 Roossevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn
Call: 708-205-5692 with questions.
- Friday, October 16 (5PM – 10PM)
- Saturday, October 17 (8AM – 5PM)
Skin checks will be offered at Packet Pickup on Saturday 9-noon.
RACE Location: ACKERMAN PARK
- USATF Certified Course through the scenic neighborhoods of Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Race Fees are set at $20 (to help cover the cost of t-shirt and timing). A free-will donation option is also part of your registration.
- 1,500 – 2,000 Participants and 300 Volunteeers
- Free Long Sleeve Cotton Shirt
- Great goodies from our Sponsors
- Food, Coffee and Water
- HOSPITALITY TENT for families touched by melanoma
- FREE SKIN CANCER Screenings by dermatologists
- TEAM CHALLENGE to compete as a team with your colleagues, friends and neighbors or participate to honor someone affected by the disease.
We invite you to further help fight melanoma by setting up a secure online fundraising page to circulate to supporters who may not be able to attend the race. A Fundraising Page is also a place to share your story … with pictures, videos and testimonials.
|We LOVE our Volunteers! Please click on the link to volunteer for
“This Run’s for Jack.” VOLUNTEER WAIVER FORMS: GROUP
|An opportunity to compete as a team with your friends and neighbors or participate in honor of someone who has been affected by melanoma. Learn more by clicking on link.|
|A gathering place for families who have been affected by melanoma. The tent serves as a place of respite offering food, coffee and friendship. Learn more by clicking on link.|
Our sponsors allow your donations to go directly to research and awareness.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @jacksfund and INSTAGRAM
RACE DAY INFO
ACKERMAN SPORTS CENTER
Enter Ackerman Park at the EAST entrance near the water tower. This is also the drop-off point. Overflow parking info at http://www.jacksfund.org. Carpooling, biking, and walking are encouraged. We are expecting a large crowd, so please allow plenty of time.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
6:00 – 7:30 Race Day Registration & Timing Tag Pick-Up Kiosks will be available on race morning, accepting cash and credit cards.
7:45 Welcome & Announcements
8:30 Party at the Finish Line
9:00 Awards Ceremony
Plus: Free skin cancer screening by dermatologists, Kid’s Zone Activities, Music, Awards, Breakfast for race participants and more!
COMPUTERIZED TIMING SYSTEM (runners only)
Only runners will receive a timing chip. As you cross the start and finish lines, your time will be recorded. PLEASE do not forget your bib at home. Walkers will not receive a timing chip unless specifically requested at registration. NO CHIP – NO TIME!
- Course certified by USATF IL
- Split times each mile
- 5k Course map available at packet pickup
- Stollers and baby joggers are welcome, but will start at 8:05
- NO pets, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bikes are permitted.
- Water is provided at the start, mile 1.5 and at the finish
- First aid is available at start and finish line
Results and Awards
- 1st Place Overall Male and Female receive medal and gift
- 2nd and 3rd Place Overall Male and Female winners receive medals
- *NEW* Middle of the Pack M/W Gift Certificates
- Custom Ribbons to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each age group
Age Groups are: 8 and under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Watch for additional information and updates in the Jack’s Fund e-newsletters and on social media.
MAIL-IN FORM: “This Run’s For Jack” 5k mail-in registration form. Send to: Jack’s Fund, POBox 436, Glen Ellyn, Il 60138